New Spa Directions
- Water mold and bacteria may have collected in your garden hose and will contaminate the spa water. To prevent this, shut off nozzle end of your garden hose, place 1/2 tsp of Spa Chlorine Granules (99% sodium dichlor) down the spigot end of the hose, attach to the spigot and fill. Let sit for 5 minutes, then flush.
- Fill spa. The Natural Hot Tub Company’s® garden hose Pre-Filter is highly recommended to help eliminate the need for additional chemicals. If you are on a well with hard metals, you can use water from you household water softener system if you have one.
- Shock with 2 teaspoons of Spa Chlorine Granules (99% sodium dichlor) for hot tubs & spas up to 500 gallons. New hot tubs & spas are water tested at the factory and some still have this old water left in the lines. ‘Shocking’ the water the first day is recommended to resolve this issue.
- After the temperature reaches 90 degrees or above, shake well and add The Natural Hot Tub Company® Water Treatment & Conditioner. (1/2-bottle for spas up to 250 gallons or 1-full bottle for spas up to 500 gallons.)
- Run all pumps on high with all jets open for 5-minutes and enjoy. Check your water with a reliable test strip the next day, and only adjust if necessary.